by Kelly Miller
As the current nanny of a 7-month-old, I am having a lot of fun introducing simple art projects. Here is an idea that is appropriate for any age for Thanksgiving.
1. Cover child's palm and thumb with brown tempera paint.
2. Paint fingers each a different color ... orange, red, blue, green are a suggestion.
3. Press child's hand down on white paper.
4. Add a googly eye and a paint beak on thumb area.
5. Paint legs and feet on bottom of palm area.
6. When dry, add Happy Thanksgiving! and cover with contact paper.