- Not having a job description
- Having unrealistic expectations, particularly around housework
- Paying below-market salary
- Not paying the nanny on the books
- Hiring a nanny without a written work agreement
- Not asking the right interview questions
- Neglecting to conduct an adequate background check
Nannies from the Heartland works with every client to ensure they avoid these hiring pitfalls. Hiring well prevents problems down the road for families and nannies alike. Contact us to learn more about our services.