Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Handprint Tulips


by Kelly Miller

Now that the baby I have been nannying for is 1-year-old, I am looking for some fun spring projects to do with him.  He loves to finger paint, so I know he will enjoy doing this easy project.

First, paint the child's forearm green (from elbow to wrist).  Stamp 3-4 "stems" on paper.  Next, make tulip "flowers" by dipping child's fingers and hand in paint (not thumb).  Keep fingers close together, and stamp on top of the stems.  Older children can add thumbprint caterpillars, butterflies, grass, etc.  Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. What a fun activity! And I really like that it is geared to toddler aged kids. Once I read a post on a discussion board that doing art activities before age 3 was not age appropriate. This was obviously posted by someone who had never explored the joys of art with a young child. I am such an advocate of introducing art to any aged child. My one yr old charge is going to love doing this art activity. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete